Welcome to Dosbarth Porffor - Year 1.
Croeso i Dosbarth Porffor - Blwyddyn 1
Here we will be sharing games, activities and additional work for you to continue your learning at home.
Miss Esp and Mrs Jones.
We have shared our new topic for this half term. When we begin a new topic in school, we use a box of objects to talk and ask questions about what we would like to find out. This then helps us to choose activities that follow the children's interests. We would like to give you activities linked to what you would like to learn at home too so we would like to find out what you are most interested in.
1. Look at the slide with lots of pictures linked to our topic.
2. Try to think of a few questions that you would like to know linked to our new topic.
3. Write them down and share a picture or send us a video of you asking your questions.
Over the next couple of weeks, we would like to use this story to help us with our reading and some other activities. It is called 'The Carrot Club' and will help us think more about keeping healthy and healthy foods. 🍉🍌🍒 This week, we would like you to read the story. 📚
It is also downloadable from Twinkl if you have a free account with them. It is quite long and can be tricky so please do a bit at a time if you can. You could take turns to read a sentence or a page each with a grown up or big brother or sister. While you are reading there is a few activities you could do:
1) Write down any words that you didn't know and upload picture of your words.
2) Send us a video of you reading a sentence or a page from the book.
3) Stop before the end and make a guess/prediction of what might happen at the end. Write it down, draw a picture and label it or record a video of yourself.
4) When you have finished, tell us about your favourite part of the story - you could do this with a picture, write it down or record yourself talking about it.